For businesses that serve a local audience, claiming and optimizing a Google Business Profile is a non-negotiable part of your digital marketing footprint. This asset is an essential piece of your online presence because it provides information to searchers (and potential customers) about your business. Your profile can include contact information, directions, operating hours, frequently asked questions, reviews, photos, and more. The best part is that this listing is free. Plus, with the right marketing strategy, it will enhance search engine optimization (SEO) by increasing your local search visibility.
In today’s digital world, consumers want access to business details quickly. Your Google Business Profile is likely to be the first thing users notice when they search for your business, making it the first impression of your business – this is why its critical to fully complete and optimize your Google Business Profile. Keep reading about the benefits of a Google Business Profile (GBP) and how to best optimize it for SEO.
How to Optimize your Google Business Profile for SEO
The first step in optimizing is, of course, to claim your Business Profile. Once your account has been claimed and verified, you’re ready to optimize it for search. Follow these simple steps to increase your local search visibility:
• Ensure your business name is correct. This should be the same name used on your website, and social handles. Adding additional words could result in being penalized.
• Update your operating hours. Make sure to include holidays and business closures.
• List a local phone number. A legitimate phone number is a factor that Google sees as valuable to how trustworthy a business is.
• Add a description. Inform user of the business, and the products or services you offer.
• Upload photos. Photos are the best way to engage customers. Including high-quality photos on your profile will give users a better understanding of your offerings.
• Another form of content that is engaging for users is videos. Anything 30 seconds or less is ideal.
• Add posts to stand out. Posts could include events, promotions, specials, or announcements. Ensure you add a call-to-action that will drive users to your website or other parts of your GBP.
• Upload frequently asked questions. Reduce the number of phone calls you receive by sharing information directly through your profile.
• Solicit reviews. Did you know that 90% of consumers read reviews before making a purchase decision? Positive reviews are an instant trust factor, giving prospects the confidence to take action. Reach out to customers, suppliers, vendors, or employees to get reviews continuously for best results.
Now that your profile has been optimized, it will send signals to rank you higher in local results. To stay relevant and appeal to users, you will need to remain active on your profile. Google Business Profiles are not a one-time setup. To achieve maximum engagement, we recommend posting weekly. Engage and respond to all reviews, even the negative ones. This is a great opportunity to take feedback and turn a negative experience into a positive one.
Want to learn more about the benefits of including a Google Business Profile in your current marketing strategy? Book an appointment to speak with and marketing expert today.
The Benefits of a Google Business Profile
- Posted on 12 Oct, 2022
- BY CIPR Communications
- Category Uncategorized